Introduction: Smart Samai
In traditional events we have use samai to Deep-Prajwalan .For example in school or college for inauguration event use samai that required oil,cotton,Magic-sticks. Instead of this samai we can use "Smart Samai" which is lighting with help of mobile torch.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Required Material
List of material:-
1) Arduino Uno Board- 1
2) LDR(Light dependent resistor)- 5
3) LED(Light emitting diode)- 5 (white color LED)
4) Resistor- 5 (1Kilo-ohm)
5) Connecting wire( multistranded)- 5 meter
6) Plastic Samai- 1
7) 9V Adaptor- 1
Step 2: Working Principle of LDR
In Electronics Samai use LDR sensor (Light Dependent Resistor) as an input which is depending on natural light this natural light measured by using luxmeter. Value of normal natural light at 10am is 300 Lux to 500 Lux.(value is depend on sunlight).
A Light Dependent Resistor (LDR) is also called a photoresistor or a cadmium sulfide (CdS) cell. It is basically a photocell that works on the principle of photoconductivity. LDR’s are light dependent devices whose resistance is decreased when light falls on LDR and resistance is increased when LDR is in the dark.
Step 3: Lets Make the Smart Samai Connection
We required 5 LDR, 5 Resistor, 5 white color LED for one samai .
- First step is take 1 LDR which second terminal connect to the first terminal of resistor and second terminal of resistor connect with negative terminal( cathode) of LED with help of soldering material by using soldering gun.
- After that connect four wire - 2 are red colored, 2 are black colored. first red wire connect to the first terminal of LDR, second red wire connect to the positive terminal ( Anode) of LED.
- Both black wire connect to the both terminal of resistor as shown in above image. 1 resistor, 1 LED that which are connect with each other with the help of soldering material and soldering gun as shown in image. After that soldering part covered with insulating material(cellotape).
Step 4: Connecting With Arduino
- Red colored wire of first terminal of each 5 LDR make common and connect to the pin 5V of Arduino board.
- Black colored wire of second terminal of each 5 LDR connect with arduino board one by one to the analog input A0,A1,A2,A3,A4,A5.
- Second black colored wire make common and connect to the pin GND of Arduino board.
- Second red colored wire of each 5 LED connect with Arduino board one by one to the digital pin 2,3,4,5,6.
- Please refer program. Assemble it as shown in image.
Step 5: See Video
Please see video of Smart Samai