The guitar effect based on android platform is more affordable and veasible. Free app such as irig, amplitube and and rig was developed and applied in Samsung Note 4. Usb sound card based on C-media chip is connected to samsung usb connector via USB adaptor, only andrig application was successful connected without problems.
The anrig app is free app and with limitation only incuded several basic effect such as noise reduction, delay, and amp simulator. Additional wah effect also free if share via social media.
The sound is not so great and a little bit noisy maybe because the usb sound card. This sound card possible has ground noise problem. The output from sound card is connected to in this case headphone, however it can connect ed to proper guitar amplifier.
Over all the possibility of android guitar effect is possible these day for not conventional developers like me. Cheers
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need?
To assemble this an android guitar effect, you need to gather following item:
1. Smart phone (With android Operating System and Andrig installed)
2. Usb adapter ( USB type A female to USB micro B connector)
3. usb sound card (using C media chip)
4. guitar with guitar cable
5. headphone or a guitar amplifier
Step 2: Android App
Free app such as irig, amplitube and andrig was developed and applied in Samsung Note 4. But only Andrig app that worked without any problem.
The Anrig app is free app and with limitation only incuded several basic effect such as noise reduction, delay, and amp simulator. Additional wah effect also free if shared via social media.
Step 3: Conclusion
1.Cheap ( assumed you already android smartphone)
2. Kind portable because no need a guitar amp, you can get at 3 guitar effect pedal
1.Sound bit noisy
2. Only limited effect
1. Q:where to buy usb sound card ? A: usb is based c media based chip is possible work the price from 2$ to 15$
2. Q:where to buy usb adapter ? A: the adapter is female USB type A to micro type B connector
3. Q: can I use in apple OS ?A I don't know because never use Apple Smart phone.sorry
4. Q: where the Video? A : I will added soon if some one requested