A smashed potato topped with uncured bacon, pieces of asparagus, and shredded cheddar cheese. Perfect for any dinner party as a main dish with a side salad or comforting bowl of soup.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Serves 3-5 with a nice side salad
- 1 -½ pounds Yellow Potatoes (equal to about 11-12 US NO 1 Size B)
- 1 (8-ounce) package uncured bacon
- 1 (8-ounce) package asparagus spears
- 1 cup Vermont shredded cheddar
- Spray olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a zip and steam bag to cook potatoes.
- Spray an 11 x 17 cookie sheet with olive oil spray.
- Place cooked potatoes on tray and smash each one using a paper towel and your hand. Spray tops of potatoes and set aside.
- Cook bacon according to package instructions. Let cool a few minutes and chop. Set aside.
- Peel off the bottoms of the asparagus spears. This makes the ends tender. Take half of the asparagus spears and chop. Sprinkle on potatoes. They will fall off in some places. Place the other half of the asparagus spears on the cookie sheet in random spots.
- Sprinkle on bacon and shredded cheese. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes. Serve warm.