Get in the holiday spirit by making candies for your loved ones.
Dark Chocolate, crunchy nuts and rich buttery toffee- what's not to love ?
This is a simple recipe which you can easily remember and whip up any time .
A simple not so hard candy or toffee having 2 layers with a smoky flavor of paprika. The base layer is of nutty caramel with a top layer of dark chocolate.
The flavor of paprika will give it a unique taste which you will feel even after finishing the toffee- the long lasting effect.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Sugar- 1 cup- 250 g
2. Dark Chocolate- 200g
3. Butter- 100g
4. Rock Salt
5. Smoked Paprika
6. Roasted Almonds and Walnuts-100g
Step 2: Caramel Making
- Place the sugar in a large heavy-bottomed pan over a medium heat. Once the edges of the sugar starts to turn to liquid, stir with a heat resistant rubber spatula. Keep stirring every few seconds.The sugar will initially go very lumpy, then will turn to a golden liquid.
- Continue to heat whilst stirring until all the sugar (including any smaller lumps) have melted. Keep an eye on heat, turn the heat down whilst stirring, to prevent the caramel from burning.
- Once all the sugar has melted, very carefully add the butter to the pan and stirr it in for 2 mins.
- Turn off the gas and add 2 pinches of rock salt and after a bit stirring, add 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Stirr it for 2 minutes and add roasted almonds and walnuts to it.
Step 3: Prepare the Tray
- Prepare a tray by greasing the parchment paper from butter.
- Now pour the thick caramel sauce in the tray and keep it aside to set it.
Step 4: Second Layer Preparation
- Melt the Dark Chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add 1-2 tsp Canola oil in it.
- After melting, add 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika in it.
- Pour the melted chocolate in the tray above the first layer of caramel sauce.
- Dust smoked paprika powder above the chocolate layer.
- Keep it in refrigerator for 1 hour or you can let it outside also depending on the weather.
Step 5: Final !!
Cut it into pieces and enjoy the flavour of caramel and chocolate along with smoked paprika.
Runner Up in the