For full tutorial, check out my blog
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter, softened and cubed
1 1/2 cups sugar + 1/4 cup vanilla sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
3. With an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, beat until incorporated. Add 1/2 flour mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl and add remaining flour.
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Remove 1/2 of the dough and roll into 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls.
7. Roll balls in mixture of 1/4 C vanilla sugar & 2 Tbsp cinnamon.
8. These spread a lot so I just fit 6 cookies per cookie sheet. Bake at 400F for 8 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.