Introduction: Snowman Paperweight
I normally do not purchase bottled drinks but there are occasions that I do. I save them to make something from them. I thought this bottle was so cute! I knew I would think of a useful and pretty thing to make out of this. I finally did and this Instructable is how I made it. I made a paperweight and a gift card all into one thing. Everything will be used and nothing will be thrown away. Follow me into the world of sunshiine's creation.
Step 1: Supplies
- Pom bottle
- Razor blade
- Black tube paint
- Ribbon scrap approx 7 inches
- Fabric scrap
- Bowl for a circle pattern ( I used a cereal bowl)
- Pen or marker for writing the note or print on a PC
- 1 bottle of Sand or beach sand
- Button if desired for Cape
Step 2: Preparations
- Wash bottle
- Using a razor blade remove some of the lettering from the front bottom of the bottle optional
- Remove small ring under cap.
Step 3: Fill the Bottle
- Fill the bottle with sand up to the top of the rim using a funnel.
- Screw the lid on.
Step 4: Cape
- Turn the bowl upside down over the wrong side of the cape fabric.
- Mark a circle around the bowl.
- Cut the cape out.
- I used pinking scissors for a nice trim.
- Fold the round circle in half and half again as shown.
- Then cut a small hole at the point. This will be the neck hole.
Step 5: Card Message
- The card message will be under the cape of the snowman.
- Using the bowl, place it over the paper.
- Draw a circle around the bowl
- Cut the paper out slightly smaller than the marked circle. This will insure the white paper does not show on the snowman.
- Fold the paper like you did in the previous step.
- Cut a hole for the neck.
- It will need to be larger than the fabric hole because paper does not stretch.
- Write a message on the paper or print it out on the PC.
- Glue the card message to the cape so when the cape is flipped up the writing can be seen.
- Cut a v shape in the cape as shown in the pictures.
- This is done so the heart and words wonderful shows on the snowman.
- Place the cape over the neck of the bottle as shown.
Step 6: Eyes
- Using the tip of the black paint paint the eyes, nose and mouth as shown.
- Tie a ribbon around his neck.
- I added a button to the cape and did not like it.
- So I took it off
Step 7: Sunshiine's Final Thoughts
I wished that I had a lot of these cute little bottles. The snowman paper weight/card/ package turned out so well that I am going to try to find someone who drinks this drink and are willing to save the bottles for me. They make great paper weights.
Thank you for stopping by and have a safe and happy holiday!
Participated in the
Holiday Gifts Challenge