Please vote for this in the Halloween slideshow contest! Thanks to everyone for viewing and voting for this!
Also vote for the video on putting on the suit! (https://www.instructables.com/id/Sofa-Suit-Video/)
The original costume was here.
I just wanted to show pictures of what I did.
I did a few tweaks to the design;
I used batting instead of foam.
I had the end of the arm rests as a separate piece so I could still grab and hold stuff.
I (obviously) used blue fabric.
I didn't use a sewing machine.
I used duct tape for the straps and whatnot.
Some suggestions for those who may make this;
1. Batting is good to use, but only if you layer it to be super plushy. Otherwise, it gives too little padding.
2. Batting is also not recommended for the arm rolls unless you layer it with alot. It also does not hold it's form too well as it's extremely squishy.
3. For the end pieces of the arm rolls, KEEP THEM SEPARATE. It will help by ALOT in terms of being able to use your hands.
4. You do NOT need a sewing machine. What I did was just glue down the fabric and hand sewed where I needed to.
5. The corner pieces of the legs need to be sewn onto the upper leg and the excess bit that covers the joint. NOT THE LOWER LEG PIECE. This was a bit unclear in the original Instructable.
Second Prize in the