Introduction: Soft and Toasty Ear Warmers
Welcome to my instructable on how to make your very own soft and toasty ear warmer!
This is simple to make and practical, not to mention a cute way to keep your ears nice and toasy.
Fleece (about 24" x 6")
Some sort of measuring and marking tools to mark your seam allowance if desired. (I just use the guide on my sewing machine.)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
- Gather all of your materials.
- Print the included PDF pattern.
- Cut out the pattern. It does print end to end of the paper/card stock, so if you do not see the black lines on the ends, it is okay. Just cut the solid lines all the way from the top to bottom.
Step 2: Prepare Your Project
- Fold short ends together with right sides facing.
- Pin the pattern piece in place with the arrows indicating the fold line, placed on the fold. Make sure that your pattern is lined up close to the edge to allow enough material to repeat this step, as you will need to cut two of these.
- Once you have cut both of your pieces, unfold them and put the two pieces together with right sides facing in, and pin both long sides.
Step 3: Time to Sew
- Sew both of the long sides together using a 1/4" seam allowance, leaving the ends open, removing the pins as you go. (Do not sew over pins with sewing machine as it can cause your needle and or pins to break and jam in your machine.)
- Once both long sides have been sewn together, flip right-side out.
- Bring ends together and stitch, also with a 1/4" seam allowance.
Step 4: Time to Warm Up Those Ears
Flip the ear warmer so the seam is on the inside.
Pull over your head with the rounded side facing down and the seam at the back of your neck, then pull up the front to your forehead, making sure your ears are covered.