Introduction: Air-Lift Irrigation
This is an instructable for making a solar powered air-lift irrigation for the vertical or hanging garden.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Items
- 2.40v solar panel
- 2 meter electric cable
- Battery powered air pump
- Aquarium air tube
- Air valve
- 3-way air connector
Step 2: The Connections
- Firstly, I connect the air tube with the 3-way connector.
- One the air tube, I connect it with the air valve (make sure to connect correctly)
- The same tube, I connect it with the air pump.
- The next tube, I connect it with the water reservoir.
Step 3: The Test
- When the sunlight is sufficient, I switch on the air pump.
- The water from the reservoir flow to the 3-way connector. Because there is a air valve installed, the water is prohibit to flow into the air pump.
- The generated air then push the water up (air-lift) to the top planter.
Step 4: The Irrigation
- The water flow nicely at the top planter.
- Soon, the water will flow back into the reservoir.
- The cycle continue.
Step 5: The Setup
This is how I arrange the solar powered air-lift irrigation for the vertical garden.
Please, don't forget to vote for me.