These instructions will take you to four photography locations that are unique to Waco, TX. The locations include the Waco Suspension Bridge, the Dr. Pepper Museum, St. Mary's Church, and a few locations on the campus of Baylor University. All directions will begin at the Baylor University Visitors Center located at the intersection of Baylor Ave. and University Parks Drive. These locations are great for all occasions including graduation, engagement, weddings, formals, or just taking pictures for fun!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Supplies
For this adventure, you can take anything! If you are a professional photographer, make sure to bring all of your equipment! The great thing about these locations is that you can use any type of camera, even an iPhone if you are just getting casual fun pictures!
Step 2: The Suspension Bridge
The Waco Suspension Bridge is located at the intersection of Washington and University Parks Dr. This is a great location for any type of photo. Some great ideas for this location are family photos, engagement photos, pre-formal photos, and graduation photos. Although this location is great any time of day, it is best to go when it is light but not the brightest part of the day. Because this is an outdoor location, you'll want to check the weather and make sure that it is supposed to be a pretty day. It can be pretty windy so you might want to bring things to fix hair if you don't want that windblown look.
Driving Time: (3 mins)
1. Start by turning left onto University Parks Dr.
2. Continue down University Parks until you reach Washington Ave.
3. The bridge will be on the right.
Step 3: The Dr. Pepper Museum
The Dr. Pepper Museum is located at 300 South 5th St. The museum is open from 10-4:15 Monday-Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday. Admission fees range from $5-$8 per person. The Dr. Pepper museum is a great place for Waco pictures! The colors are so unique and there are many different interesting background opportunities.
Driving Time: (3 mins)
1. Turn left on University Parks Dr.
2. When you reach I-35, go under the highway and take a left. Take the first right at the stop light onto 4th St.
3. Turn left on Mary Ave.
4. Take the first left onto 5th st. and the museum will be on the left.
Step 4: St. Mary's Catholic Church
St. Mary's Catholic Church is a great location if you are looking for an older or more elegant feel. The architecture of the church is beautiful and makes for a great background. It is located at 1401 Washington Ave.
Driving TIme: (6 mins)
1. Turn left on University Parks Rd.
2. Turn left onto I-35 service rd.
3. Take the first right onto 4th St.
4. Continue down 4th St. until you reach Washington Ave. Turn left on Washington.
5. The church will be on the right.
Step 5: Baylor University-Judge Baylor
The Judge Baylor statue is a great photo-op for Baylor students. The statue is the perfect setting for cap and gown graduation pictures. Students like to climb into Judge Baylor's lap or stand on the ground with the statue in the background. Although Judge Baylor is the focus of this location, the entire campus is full of wonderful photo opportunities!
1. Turn right onto University Parks.
2. Take the first right onto Bagby.
3. Continue down Bagby until you reach 5th St.
4. Take a right.
5. You can park in any of the lots to the right or left on 5th St. There is no parking lot right at the Judge Baylor statue so you will have to park in one of these lots and walk to the statue.
6. Once you've parked you're going to walk towards campus between Tidwell Bible Building and Waco Hall. Judge Baylor is facing the front of Waco Hall.