Intro: Space Origami: Alien Mothership
A mother ship (or mothership) is a vehicle (e.g. ship, aircraft or spacecraft) that leads, serves or carries other, usually smaller vehicles. The concept of a mother ship has achieved prominence in science fiction and UFO lore, extending the idea to spaceships that serve as the equivalent of flagships among a fleet. In this context, mother ship is often spelled as one word: mothership. A mothership may be large enough that its body contains a station for the rest of the fleet.
So, are you ready to make your own Alien Mothership?!
Step 1: Materials Required
So, to make your Mothership, you will require the following items-
- 7 squares of paper (The dimensions of my sheets were 14.8*14.8)
- Gluestick/Glue (I used a superglue stick for better adhesion)
Step 2: Preparing the Sheets
Ok, so first of all, take one sheet of paper. Now, follow the pics and do it.
- Turn the paper so it is in a shape of a rhombus.
- Fold it in half.
- Open it.
- Make a tomb crease.
- Open the top crease.
- Make the right side like that.
- Now fold as shown.
- Do the same on the opposite corner.
- Open the both.
- Fold it from the upper right corner to the lower bottom corner.
- Open it up and you are done!
Step 3: And Again!
Now, simply repeat Step 2 for the rest of the papers!
Step 4: Building the Mothership!
Now what you have to do is turn all the prepared papers upside down. Now follow the pics and steps.
- Glue the 2 pieces together.
- Continue gluing and make a complete circle (Its OK if the circle bends a little... just make sure not to add more pieces).
- Turn the sun-like shape upside down.
- Start folding the creases that we made in step 2 (step number 10)
- Now, glue the pieces as shown in the picture.
- Continue gluing and make sure you are careful with the last one.
- After gluing, let it dry and your Mothership is finished! Congratulations!
If you liked these instructions, please comment and subscribe!
Be sure to use the 'I Made It' comment to claim your pro membership! Only 1 is there so remember to hurry up!
I have also entered this in the contest, so please vote for it too!