Introduction: Spaghetti Aglio E Olio for One
Aglio e Olio is one of those lovely foods that are so easy to make but also tastes really good. The dish is said to have originated from a region in central Italy called Abruzzo, hence the Italian that translates to 'spaghetti with garlic and oil'.
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 small chilies (chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1. Fill a pot half full with water and add salt.
2. Boil the water before adding the spaghetti (about a handful for each person) and cook for about 6 - 8 minutes. If you prefer softer spaghetti, they can always be cooked for a slightly longer period of time.
3. While the spaghetti cooks, fry the garlic and chili with olive oil in a hot pan until the garlic turns golden brown.
4. Drain the spaghetti and add to the fried garlic and chili. Toss.
6. (Optional) Although traditional Aglio et Olio recipes do not add cheese, you can still choose to top off your creation with some grated parmesan or pecorino.