Enjoy my short film
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Spaghetti Wars
I love cooking and even modeling or sculpting, for this reason, thanks to your contest, I have combined these skills.
The final dish is edible also because I used to model and for the casting non-toxic products. Well it is certainly an experiment to use isomalt for a salty and not sweet recipe.
Another of my passion is Star Wars and you will understand everything especially watching the short movie of Edition 0 of the "Spaghetti Wars" Saga. Do not lose it.
Enjoy the film and your meal!
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Cuttlefish and squid ink
- Cake mold
- Portable gas torch
- Sketchfab App
- Latex gloves
- Silicone mat
- THE FORK
Step 2: Make a Modelling Paste
- Insert water, cornstarch and bicarbonate into the pot
- Put on the cooker and bake happily, turning continuously
- As soon as the dough begins to solidify, turn off the stove
- Put the dough on a silicone mat and work it a little to make it smooth
- The dough is ready!
Step 3: Create the White Mask
- Look at a 3D mask (I used Sketchfab)
- Model the pasta, previously created
- Put your creation in the oven, max 80 ° C for at least 50 minutes
Step 4: Make a Silicone Casting
- Put your white mask in a cake mold
- Combine the 2 components of silicone
- Pour the silicone into the cake mold
- Let it cool off for at least 4 hours
- Clean the created silicone form, removing all the residues of the white mask
Step 5: Create the Isomalt Black Mask
- Insert the isomalt into the pot
- Put on the cooker and cook, turning continuously
- After 2 minutes, insert squid ink into the pot
- As soon as it reaches 180 ° C, turn off the stove and let it cool a little
- Pour the contents into the silicone form while still hot
- Let the isomalt arrive on all sides of the form
- Cool down, help yourself with a hairdryer
- Extract the black mask, from the silicone form
- Use a portable gas torch to eliminate bubbles on the surface and make it smooth as in my photos
Step 6: Cook Spaghetti, Cuttlefish and Squid Ink
- Insert water and salt into the pot
- Put on the cooker and bake happily
- As soon as it reaches 100 ° C, insert the spaghetti
- Put the pan on the cooker and add olives, garlic, the cuttlefish and squid ink
- As soon as the spaghetti cone cooked, insert them in the pan and skip the pasta as in my video
Step 7: Garnishing Spaghetti and Mask
- Make a nest with spaghetti
- Place the Darth Vader Mask on top of the nest
- Add the tentacles of the cuttlefish, pre-cooked in the pan
- Add a few leaves of fresh mint
- A few drops of an excellent extra virgin olive oil
- Grind on a little bit of black pepper
Step 8: "Use the FORK... Luke!"
Enjoy my short film - Spaghetti Wars
Runner Up in the