A vegan spanish tortilla recipe! My dear friend Daisy in Rishikesh taught me how to make this and it's been a hit with friends and family since. You can try this recipe and then modify, adding your favorite vegetables and spices. The key here is to use chickpea flour, which you can buy these days at most major grocery stores; they'll definitely have it at Indian stores as well.
Step 1: Video Instructions and Recipe!
Vegan Spanish Tortilla (for 4)
- 2 medium potatoes sliced finely
- 1/2 a beet sliced finely1 red or green pepper, sliced in rings
- 125 grams chickpea flour
- 360 grams water
- 50 grams olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt (if you don't have it just use more regular salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Small pinch of: asafetida, cumin seeds, turmeric, red and/or black pepper
- Chopped fresh herbs: dill and basil
Method: Whisk the chickpea flour and water together, let stand for 30 minutes. Then add the olive oil, spices, and vegetables to the batter. Pour all of these into a pie pan, cook for 35-45 minutes at 180 C/375 F. You can experiment with other vegetables and herbs. It's quite delicious and pairs well with salsa or pesto on top. Enjoy!
For more vegan, vegetarian and plant-based recipes please see our website: www.vegetaristan.com
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook/vegetaristan
Or subscribe to our YouTube channel! https://www.youtube/vegetaristan
Thank you for stopping by!