Valentine's Day has already passed, but you can still make it for any celebration or event you like. You can obviously turn the recipe vegan by using vegetarion cream, soy milk, etc.
This instructable is based on a recipe from a book named "Sweet Secrets" by Carine Goren, but I did some changes: offered an option for easier dough, removed the jelly was supposed to be on the top, made it as personal desserts and added a surprise - brown chocolate ball inside each dessert.
Because of the hurry of the time I removed the tips I wanted to give you to make good crisp pie dough. I'll upload it in the comments.
The recipe has 6 steps:
1. Make the white chocolate mousse.
2. Make the brown chocolate balls mixture.
3. Make the dough.
4. Whip the white chocolate cream.
5. Cut the strawberries to slices.
6. Assemble the desserts and refrigerate.
And the tasty part - eat! Let's start.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Make the White Chocolate Mousse
1+1/2 whiping cream container
300 gram white chocolate
1. In a pot warm the whipping cream near a boiling point. At the time shatter to pieces the white chocolate in bowl. Pour the hot cream at the white chocolate until it melts.
2. Let cool. Refrigate for at least 4 hours, until it's cold (You can make it a day ahead).
Step 2: Make the Brown Chocolate Mixture
I also used a recipe of Carine Goren for this step.
125 gram biscuits
1\3 cup milk
1+1\2 tbsp sugar
50 gram butter, cut to pieces
100 gram dark chocolate, cut to pieces
Some pecan nuts - optional
1. Crush the biscuits (and the nuts, if you like) to tiny pieces. You can keep them in the packing and crush it with a rolling pin or do it in a food processor.
2. In a pot, warm (don't boil) milk and sugar until the sugar melts.
3. Add the butter and chocolate, keep warming while stirring until it melts. Remove from fire.
4. Add the biscuit splinters, mix well.
5. Refrigerate (hour) or Freeze (half an hour) for some stabilization.
Step 3: Make the Dough
Sweet dough - Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1\4 tsp salt
3\4 cup powdered sugar
200 gram cold butter, cut to pieces
1 egg, slightly mixed
1\2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a food processor, process flour, salt, powdered sugar and butter pieces to a crumble mixture. add vanilla extract and mixed egg gradually, process in pulses just until you get an even and not sticky dough.
2. If you don't have time or energy, skip to next step. turn the dough into a ball, wrap with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. You can just paste a little oil/butter on the baking tray so the dough won't stick, design the dough in the personal baking trays by your hands or flatten by a baking pin and divide to circles - one for each dessert, needle each one with a fork and refrigerate for a hour, or freeze for 10 minutes.
4. Warm oven to 180 degrees.
5. Bake the dough, right from the freezer/refrigirator, for 15-20 minutes, until it's golden. Cool completely. In the photo you can see how it turned out for me - a bit too baked.
"three ingredients" dough - ingredients:
100 gram butter
1+1\2 cup self-raising flour
1\2 cup sweet cream (add carefully)
the instructions are the same.
Step 4: Whip the White Chocolate Cream
Pass the cold chocolate mixture to a mixer and whip in a high speed until you get a stable cream. yummy!
Step 5: Cut the Strawberries to Slices
As you see in the photo - cut the strawberries to small pieces. At the end I cut it to smaller slices than it seems in the photo. It's depend on the way you want to design the desserts at the end - heart shaped, slices in square, full strawberries cut like roses - you can be creative about that.
Step 6: Assemble the Desserts and Refrigerate
The final step!
Do all these steps quickly so the chocolate balls & chcolate mousse won't melt:
1. put a small water bowl in the side to water your hands, and make dark chocolate balls - one for each dessert. put one in each personal pie.
2. Fill the rest of the pies with the white chocolate cream, but leave place for the strawberries.
3. Design the strawberries on top of the cream as you want.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
How it turned out for you? Have I forgot or mistake at anything? update me in comments! You are invited to have a look at more of my creations on my Instagram: Colorful_Ideas_2
Participated in the
Sweet Treats Challenge