Introduction: Spiced Up Jalapeno Poppers!
I've made these so many times, and all the spices in it just make it so much better!
It's a little spice up kick from the normal pilsbury recipe!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Things You Will Need..
Package of cream cheese
2 or 3 packages of crescent rolls
1 1/2 tbs garlic salt
2 tbs piri piri
1 1/2 tbs crushed red pepper
7 large jalapenos
Step 2: Cut the Jalepeno
So sad I didn't take a picture while I just made them.
1) Cut the stem off.
2) Cut in half length wise
3) Cut out the insides and save the seeds to add into the cream cheese
3) Cut in thirds horizontally
**note if they are pretty big after you've done this I sliced a few length wise again down the middle**
Step 3: Mix It All Up
I forgot to mention, I also added about 2 tbs of milk to the cream cheese mixture to make it more smooth.
1) Put all spices, seeds, and cream cheese as well as the milk in to a bowl and mix it on high.
Make sure to get as much off the beater as you can by holding it up a bit in the bowl.
Step 4: The Crescent Rolls..
If you notice in the top image I have the large and regular crescent rolls there, I found the large ones worked better.
1) Open the package of dough.
2) Cut into 2x2 squares
3) You'll have the pointy ends of the dough leave them about 2-3 inches an use them for the end pieces of the pepper.
Step 5: Finally, One by One...
I do the filling and wrapping in 1 step, piece by piece. (or somebody could help you by filling while you wrap)
1) Put a generous amount of the filling on the inside of the pepper
2) Set it filling side down on the dough
3) Fold corners over onto the pepper and make sure its completely around the pepper.
You might have to stretch the dough a bit which is fine, as long as it doesn't rip.
Repeat for all peppers, and bake with the directions that the crescent rolls say to.
Makes approx 50-60