- Bacon or bacon grease you have been hoarding. I cooked mine fresh that way I had the added bonus of chopping some up to add into my finished product.
- Vegetable oil in case you don't yield enough grease as some brands of bacon are more fatty then others
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon or regular mustard or Dijon mustard (I used Sweet & Hot mustard)
- 1/2 teaspoonkosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cheyenne pepper
Step 1: Cook the Bacon!
My favorite part! I love the smell of bacon cooking! Its better to make it crispy (in my opinion) for this. We are needing 2/3 cups of grease. If you don't yield enough you can you the vegetable oil to compensate.
Step 2: Strat Mixing the Ingrediants...
When the bacon is done cooking you will have to let it cool and the grease cool to room temp, you can place them in the fridge to speed this up. Just not for too long as you want the grease to still be a liquid, not a solid. Go ahead and start chopping up the bacon till you have the amount you want to add to you mayo. I prefer to chop it fine, but its all up to you.
After everything is cooled down, mix the egg yolks, lemon juice, and mustard in a medium bowl. Slowly add the bacon grease and continue to mix till its creamy. Mix in the salt and pepper. And then add the pepper too taste.
Step 4: Finished !
The bacon mayo can either be used right away, or refrigerated for later use. I prefer to refrigerate mine as it will thicken up. And you can use this more then just for a sammich... use it for you own twist on deviled eggs, potato salads (Thats sounds awesome....) or whatever else your mind creates. Store it in a air tight container for about 4-7 days depending on how cold you keep your fridge and how air tight the container is. Thats it! Thanks, hope you enjoy my recipe :)