"When You start eating food without labels, you no longer need to Count Calories"
This Instructable is for foodies who love Barbecue.
Chicken lollipop is a hot and spicy appetizer made with drummettes or chicken wings.
The chicken lollipop is a “frenched” chicken leg. The meat is cut loose from the small end and pushed down creating a “lollipop” look. The leg bone is left clean and creates the “stick.”
To turn regular chicken legs into lollipops, Make a cut completely around the lower part of the leg just below the knuckle.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
10 pcs of Chicken Drummettes
1pc of fresh lemon
1pac of Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup of Vinegar
3 tbsp of Chilly powder
1 tbsp of Salt
2 tbsp crushed Red pepper
1 tbsp of Ginger-Garlic paste
1/2 tbsp of Chilli flakes(optional)
1/2 cup of Olive oil
Step 2: Rinse and Soak
- Rinse the chicken with water thoroughly.
- Remove skin and fats before going ahead.
- Hold the thinner side of drummettes. With the help of a knife, bring down the meat towards the other end.
I always prefer to soak the chicken in salt added water for at least an hour. I would not recommend skipping this step because it makes the chicken tender and soft.
Step 3: Prepare Marinade
- Drain off the water if any.
- Add chili powder, chili flakes, ginger-garlic paste, red pepper, and salt.
- Next mix vinegar, lemon juice, Greek yogurt.
- Mix them well.
Step 4: Marinade Mix
Add the chicken drummettes to the marinade.
Toss gently to coat.
Allow the chicken to marinade in the fridge for a minimum of 2-4 hours.
Step 5: Ready to Grill
- Place the drummettes on a cooking rack, lets air circulate all around the chicken pieces so that they get evenly crisp.
- It also lets the fat drip away from the chicken, leading to crispy lollipop.
Step 6: Grill It Up
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Remove the drumettes from the marinade and pat them dry.
- Heat grill to high.
- Grill the wings for 15-25 minutes.
- Toss drumettes in a few tablespoons of oil and season with salt and chili flakes.
- Place on the grill in single layers and grill until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes per side.
Step 7: Serve With Happiness
Now, the chicken lollipop is ready! Serve with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
- Over cooked leads, the chicken taste roasted.
- If the chicken pieces are cooked on low heat, then the chicken will become tough once cooked.
- Chicken thighs are best for the chicken lollipop.
- You can also deep fry it in oil.
Looks easy right? Try it!Love it!
That's all Foodie's.