Traditional Indian Cauliflower gravy with peas and potato can spice up your dinner menu. Spicy aroma will tickle your senses and supply regular dosage of protein. Low in saturated fat and cholesterol will take care of heart as well.
Cuisine : Indian
Serves : 3-4
Tastes best with : Naan/ Roti / Plain basmati rice
Cauliflower : 3 cups , cut into bite sized florets
Potato : 1 cup , peeled and cut into cubes
Peas : 1⁄2 cup
Tomato : 1 medium ,finely chopped
Water: 2 cups
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Salt :1 1⁄2 tsp
Cumin powder : 2 tsp
Red paprika :1 tsp
Cinnamon powder : 1⁄4 tsp
Bay leaves :2
Cumin Seeds : 1⁄4 tsp
Cardamom : 4
Vegetable Oil :4 tbsp
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a medium pan, add cauliflower florets and potato cubes with 1⁄2 tsp salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
2. Cook them uncovered for about 5 mins in medium heat. Set aside the vegetables.
3. Again heat 3 tbsp oil in the pan and put cardamom, bay leaves and cumin seeds. Cook for few seconds then add chopped tomatoes.
4. Stir well and start adding spices.Put salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and paprika and cook them for about 2 mins in low flame.
5. Now add sautéed cauliflower and potatoes ,Peas and mix them well. Cover and cook for 2 more mins.
6. Add 2 cups of water and keep cooking for 10 mins on high flame.
7. Sprinkle cinamom powder just before switching off the flame.
Note : Adjust the amount of water if you want the gravy to be more thick or running.
For more recipes visit http://divinedishes.wix.com/divinedishes or like my FB page https://www.facebook.com/DivineVeganDishes
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.