A refreshing alternative to a Bloody Mary, this Spicy Celery Cocktail is the perfect Summertime treat! This drink uses fresh ingredients from Summer's bounty, and a splash of celery soda to finish it all off. Of course you can always skip the gin to make it an all-ages, anytime treat.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 lemon (though lime is good too!)
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon diced red or yellow pepper
- 1 Tablespoon diced celery (save rest of stalk for garnish)
- 1 1/2 ounces of gin (vodka can also be substituted)
- Celery soda*
- A healthy dash of Tabasco sauce
- Celery salt to rim the glass
* Part of the reason I wanted to make this drink is because I noticed Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray soda at my local market, Le Beau. If you can't find something similar, substitute ginger ale or tonic water plus a pinch of celery seed
Step 2: Mixology
Muddle together the tomatoes, diced peppers and celery, hot sauce, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker with a wooden spoon.
Add the gin (or vodka) and ice, and shake well.
Rub the rim of the glass with the juiced lemon and dip in a dish of celery salt.
Strain cocktail into prepared glass and top with celery soda.
Garnish with celery stalk and enjoy responsibly!
Participated in the
Chili Pepper Challenge