Spice up your next meal with this easy, delicious spicy fruit salad!
Note: If you're allergic to any of the ingredients listed, please feel free to substitute them.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You'll Need
- 1 honey crisp apple (or gala apple)
- 1 orange
- 5 strawberries
- 10 grapes
For the sauce:
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons light agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium chopping knife
- 1 cutting board
- 1 large bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 mixing spoon
- 1 measuring set
*Be careful not to cut yourself with the knife*
Step 2: Make the Sauce
- In a small bowl, add the Sriracha sauce, light agave nectar, and cayenne pepper.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze the juice into the small bowl, then stir.
Step 3: Wash the Fruit
Remove any stickers from the fruits and wash with cool water.
Step 4: Cut the Apple
Cut the apple into small pieces and remove the core.
Note: We cut our apple into quarters, then cut those pieces into quarters again. But, you can cut them any way you like.
Step 5: Cut the Orange
- Peel the orange and separate the orange wedges
- Remove any seeds and cut the wedges into thirds.
Step 6: Cut the Grapes
Cut each grape in half.
Note: We cut ours lengthwise, but you don't have to.
Step 7: Cut the Strawberries
Remove the green tops and cut each strawberry into quarters
Step 8: Mix
Put all the cut fruit into a large bowl and mix.
Step 9: Add the Sauce
Add the sauce and stir.
*Let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes if you have time*
Step 10: Enjoy!
Serve in a small bowl and enjoy!
Optional: add an extra sprinkle of cayenne pepper for extra heat