I know what you're thinking. Sweet and spicy? In a dessert?
Just trust me. It works!
The star of the show is the Bird's Eye Chili that will take your fudge treat to a new height. The spice is not jarring to the taste buds but very subtly cuts through the sweet chocolate and condensed milk. Give it a try and wow your unsuspecting friends and family :)
- Baking dish
- Butter for baking dish
- Parchment paper
- Spatula (or spoon)
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 400 grams of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 Bird's Eye Chili (choose a large sized chili for added heat!)
Step 2: Prep Chocolate Base
1. Combine the condensed milk and chocolate into a microwaveable bowl.
2. Heat up in the microwave for 2 minutes or until chocolate melts.
3. With a spatula, mix the condensed milk and chocolate until thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Add Spice!
1. Remove the seeds from your Bird's Eye Chili and dice finely. This will ensure the spice does not overpower the chocolate.
2. Add the chili into the chocolate mixture and stir for even distribution.
**For added heat, dice a larger size Bird's Eye Chili.
1. Place parchment paper into a small baking dish.
2. Brush the parchment with melted butter.
3. Pour in chocolate mixture.
4. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours for chocolate to harden.
Remove from fridge and cut into squares. Serve!
Participated in the