Mackerel is a commonly available fish in Kerala. A variety of traditional dishes are prepared using mackerel. Spicy grilled mackerel is a non traditional recipe and is a good one to be tried. The spiciness of the recipe can be varied in accordance with one's taste.
Step 1: Ingredients
1. Mackerel : 5 numbers (medium size)
2. Salt : 1/2 tsp
3. Red chilly powder : 1 1/2 tsp
4. Garlic cloves : 15 nos
5. Green chilly : 1 nos
6. Coriander powder : 1/2 tsp
7. Olive oil / sunflower oil / coconut oil : 1 Tbsp
8. Lemon juice : 1 Tbsp
9. Black pepper powder : 1/2 tsp
Step 2: Marinade Preparation
Blend the ingredients 2 to 9 well using a mixer grinder and make it a thick paste. Add water if necessary.
Step 3: Apply the Marinade
Clean the fish and apply the prepared marinade to the clean fish and refrigerate for an hour.
Step 4: Grill
1. Preheat the oven
2. Grill the fish at 200 degree Celsius for 15 minutes
3. Flip the fish and again grill for another 15 minutes.
Total preparation time: 5 minutes
Grilling time: 30 minutes