If you're that kind of person that enjoys spicy asian soups or a healthy delicious meal than this is definately the meal for you on a cold winter day. The soup is consisted of tofu, beef, water onions and chili flakes. This is a great recipe if you love trying new things or you like spicy asian food.
This is a traditional Korean recipe that usually involves kimchi and pork, but this is the more americanized style. It is usually meant to be eaten by coastal families in Asia on cold nights with relatively little cost and time invested in it. Enjoy!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You'll Need
- scissors (T1)
- cutting knife (T2)
- cutting board (T3)
- spoon (T4)
- teaspoon (T5)
- Measuring cup (T6)
- pot (T7)
- 0.5 lbs. thinly sliced ribeye (S1)
- soy sauce (S2)
- 1 onion (S3)
- 1 clove of mashed garlic (S5)
- 2 tubes of tofu (S6)
- salt (S7)
- pepper (S8)
- 2 cups of water (S9)
- crushed chili powder (S10)
- grounded shrimp powder (S11)
- 1 pack of tofu broth seasoning (S12)
- 2 eggs (S13)
Step 2: Preping the Beef
1. Place the strips of beef (S1) onto a cutting board (S3)
2. Using a knife(T2) cut the beef(S1) into cubes.
3. Put in a bowl and mix 3 teaspoons(T4) of soy sauce(S2).
4. Put this off to the sie.
Step 3: Preping the Veggies
1. Place the onion (S3) onto a cuting board (T3)
2.Using a knife(T2) cut off the ends of the onion (S3) and peel away the skin
3. Place the scallions (S4) onto the cutting board (T3)
4. Using the knife (T2), slice up the scallions (S4)
5. Put these off to the side
6. Place the clove of garlic (S5) on the cutting board (T3)
7. Using the end of a spoon (T4), mash the clove of garlic (S5)
Step 4: Beginning the Cooking
Step 5: Adding the Tofu and Onions
1. Using scissors (T1), cut open the tops of the tofu tubes (S6)
2. Dump contents of tofu tubes (S6) into pot (T7)
3. Stir with spoon (T4) to break apart tofu
4. Place onions(S3) into pot (T7)
Step 6: Adding Spices
1. Take crushed chili powder (S10) and measure out 3 teaspoons (T5)
2. Add to pot (T7)
3. Take grounded shrimp powder (S11) and measure 1 teaspoon (T5)
4. Add to pot (T7)
5. Take scissors (T1) and cut open the tofu broth package (S12)
6. There are two packets inside, cut open both using scissors (T1)
7. Poor in one and a half packets into pot (T7)
8. Take salt (S7) and pepper (S8) and add to pot
Step 7: Finishing Touches
1. Take an egg (S13) and crack it, place it in the pot (T7)
2. Immediately stir with the spoon (T4) to break up the egg (S13)
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 with the other egg
4. Take the scallions (S4) and add it to the pot (T7)
Now you have your soup!
Best when you have a little rice with it when it's still hot.