These Lamb Shanks are slowly cooked with aromatic spices, which gives wonderful flavor to the dish. Once it is cooked, the lamb shank meat literally falls off the bone. It is the perfect treat for meat lovers.
You can serve this dish with Rice Varieties or Naan.
Prep time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 2 hours
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
2 Lamb Shanks
3 Bay leaf
1 tbsp of Whole Garam Masala
3 Green chilies, slitted
2 Onions, diced
1 Tomato, chopped
1 tbsp of Chili powder
1 tbsp of Coriander Powder
1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tsp of Garam Masala powder
1 tsp of cumin seeds
1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder
1/4 cup of Coconut Milk
1/2 tbsp of Lime juice
1 1/2 tbsp of Ghee
Salt to taste
Cilantro for garnishing
Step 2: Method
1. Wash lamb shanks and slit in the edge with Knife and set aside.
2. Heat pan, add a tbsp of ghee in it. Once the ghee melted, add bay leaf and whole garam masala into it.
3. Season the lamb shanks with some salt and shallow fry it (until all the sides turns to brown color)
4. Simultaneously, heat another pan and melt 1/2 tbsp of ghee. Add chilies and onions, saute until the onions became translucent.
5. Add ginger garlic paste, saute for a minute. Then add all the powders and salt in it and mix well.
6. Add tomatoes and cook until it turned to soft.
7. Transfer the mixture into the lamp shank and mix altogether.
8. Add coconut milk, water and lime juice. Give a stir and check for the salt taste once added water. Close the lid and cook for about 2 hours over low flame.
9. After it cooked, take out from the flame, garnish with cilantro.
10. Serve hot with Rice varieties/Naan.
Participated in the
Slow Cooker Challenge