Introduction: Spicy Peanut Vegetable Pad Thai
So much heat and flavor you won't even notice those "pesky veggies" thrown in there.
*Disclaimer this recipe contains peanuts-if you have allergies do not make or consume*
This recipe will ensure that you are a fire breathing dragon after you eat it......so if you don't like the heat you can always decrease the amounts of chili peppers and siracha sauce.
~20-30 minutes to make. Time consuming but delicious and worth the fuss.
For the sauce:
-1 can of Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 4 TBSP Peanut Butter (whichever brand you prefer)
- 1 TBSP Chili Oil
- 1 TBSP Light Sesame Oil
-2 TBSP Minced Garlic
-2 TBSP Fresh Ginger, finely grated or chopped
-1/4 cup Tamarind Paste
- 4 TBSP Siracha Hot Sauce
- 4 Red Thai Chili Peppers, stemmed and finely diced.
- 1 Lime, just the juice
- 1-3 TBSP of Red Curry Paste (Fish free)
For the dish:
- 1 Bag of bean sprouts, rinsed clean
- 1 Large Carrot, juliened
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, juliened
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, juliened
- 1 Bunch of cilantro, rinsed and finely chopped
- 4 Red Thai Chili Peppers, finely chopped
- 1-2 green onions, sliced into rings
- 1-2 cups cooked rice noodles/Konjac noodles
- 1-2 limes sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts finely chopped
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Place chopped vegetables, cilantro and sprouts into a bowl for use later.
Place sesame and chili oil into a wok, saucepan or skillet on the stove at low-medium heat.
Add garlic and ginger to the wok and stir.
Add red curry paste, tamarind paste and siracha sauce to the wok and stir.
Add lime juice and peanut butter to wok and stir.
Add coconut milk and some chopped thai red chili peppers to wok and stir. Stir sauce until has reduced and thickened slightly.
Cook noodles of your choice (preferably rice noodles or konjac noodles) and place them into the sauce in the wok. Reduce to low heat and mix the noodles and sauce well.
Place noodles and sauce into a bowl. Top with bean sprouts, carrots, bell peppers, cilantro, green onions, red thai chili peppers.
Chop dry-roasted peanuts and sprinkle on top of meal. Cut up slices of lime to squeeze over noodles and Enjoy!!!
Participated in the
Meat Free Meal Challenge