Southern India is famous for the seafood you get a large variety of seafood and thousands of verity of dishes that can be made form these seafood. Squid is one of those seafood, it is not so common to find yet there are a variety of dishes that can be made form it.
In this Instructable I'm going to show you one such recipe, I'm going to show you how to make spicy Squid Masala Indian Style.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
Here is what you need to add to your shooing cart.
- 250g of Squid Cut into rings
- Curry Leaves
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Onions
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tea spoon chili powder
- 3 chili
- 1 Tea spoon Turmeric powder
- 4 Table spoons of Oil
- Salt to taste
Step 2: Marinating the Squid
- First, you need to start with cutting the squid into small rings and marinate it by mixing it with a pinch of salt, some chilly powder and some turmeric powder.
- Optional, you could also add peeper power to further spice up the recipe.
- You need to let it marinate for about 10-15 mins.
Step 3: Frying the Squid
- In a pan, heat up some oil
- Once hot put in the Curry leaves and let it cook until it becomes slightly brown.
- Put the squid into the pan and keep mixing it at regular intervals for 10mins.
- After frying the squid keep it aside for later.
Step 4: Preparing the Masala
- To prepare the masala you need to add 2 tablespoons of Oil in a hot pan.
- Then add cut onions, curry leaves and chili, fry it until the onion turns into a golden brown color.
- Next, add in ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and chilly powder and stir.
- Later add tomatoes and stir until it looks like the above picture
Step 5: Adding Squid to the Masala
- To the Masala you had prepared in the previous step add the squid you had marinated.
- Then add salt and stir and let it cook for about 10 mins.
Step 6: Serving
And that's it you should now have your spicy squid ready, serve hot and garnish it with coriander or mint leaves.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017