Introduction: Spinach Bread Stuffed With Spicy Cottage Cheese
This is spinach bread stuffed with spicy cottage cheese.I'm always looking for ways to use up my spinach. So this recipe is here which is full of vitamin and protein. This bread is tasty and healthy to take up as breakfast meal or as an evening snack.I'm sure you will like this and will include this recipe in you healthy menu.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Multi-grain flour - 2 cup
- Spinach - 1/2 kg Make puree of that and use 1- 1/2 cup of it.
- Salt- 2 tsp
- Sugar- 2 tsp
- Dry Active Yeast- 1 tsp
- Canola oil- 4 tsp ( you can use any other vegetable oil )
- Cottage Cheese- 300gm
- Ginger-Garlic Paste- 1/2 tsp
- Spices- 1 tsp each
- Coriander Powder
- Red Chili Powder
- Indian Garam Masala
- Curd- 100gm
- Dry Fenugreek- 1/2 tsp
Step 2: Preparation of Marination
Prepare the marination for cottage chhese
Take 100gm thick curd ,1/2 tsp salt , 1/2 tsp coriander powder,1/2 tsp Red chili powder, 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste,1/2 tsp indian garam masala and mix them properly.
Cut 2 cuboids of cottage cheese according to the length of your bread making container.
Coat the piece of cottage cheese from the marination,cover it and leave it for 2 hrs in refrigerator.
Step 3: Preparation of Dough
My first tip: start with good yeast! If your yeast is old or dead, your bread is going nowhere fast. I store my yeast in the fridge at all times, and that helps to keep it fresh. Dissolve the yeast in warm water with a little pinch of sugar. If it isn’t bubbly and foamy within about ten minutes, ditch it and start again with fresh yeast.
- Take a bowl, add 1 -1/2 cup flour, 1-1/2 tsp salt, 1-1/2 tsp sugar and 1/2 tsp each of the 3 spices.
- Add the yeast in it and mix it..
- Now add spinach puree in it and mix it slowly.(Note- do not use water in mixing.)
- Add 2 tsp oil and the leftover flour i.e 1/2 cup slowly into the mixture.
you’ll want a dough that’s smooth and slightly tacky to the touch, but not overly sticky, and that can be easily rolled into a ball.
Now put the dough in another bowl greased with oil, cover it with kitchen towel and leave it to rise in a hot place.
Tip- Preheat microwave for 5 minute and put the bowl having dough with a cup of hot water beside it in the microwave for 1-1/2 hours.
After this ,roll the ball of dough out into a long rectangle about eight inches wide. I’ve found that rolling the dough up this way really helps with the texture and shape of the finished loaves.
Step 4: Placing Dough in the Container
- Grease the bread tin with oil.
- Dust some flour in the tin.
- Place the dough in the tin and marinated cottage cheese in it as shown in the picture.
- Now cover it properly from the dough.
- Brush oil on the top and dust dry fenugreek on it.
Cover it from kitchen towel and let it rise again for about an hour.
- Pre- heat oven for 10 minutes on 200 Degree C.
- Now place the tin in the oven for 20- 30 min.
- After baking, let it cool down.
Step 5: Bread Is Ready !!
Letting the bread cool before slicing makes it easier to get smooth, uniform slices.
Now toss your slices in butter and have it with your favourite dip and coffee !
It will prove itself to be a complete meal for you !
Participated in the
Baking Contest 2017