Introduction: Stacking Stationary Box
This Stationary Box is my very first instruction in this site.
I hope you can understand and try your own stationary box.
You can make your own size and shape as well.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare Materials and Tools
First you will need to prepare all the materials and tools.
You can choose your own need but i was using:
- 2 balsa woods (1cm thickness)
- Dowel stick (diameter 5mm)
- Sand paper
- Drill Press (or Hand Drill if you don't have a Drill Press)
Step 2: Measurement
The next step is measure all the materials (balsa and dowel).
For this project i need:
- 3 balsa size 10cm x 10cm,
- 3 balsa size 9cm x 9cm,
- 3 balsa size 8cm x 8cm,
- 3 balsa size 7cm x 7cm,
- 2 dowel sticks 13cm Length.
Step 3: Cut
Next you have to cut all the materials with cutter.
- Iron Ruler is needed when you want to cut those balsa,
- And for the dowel it would be easier if you using a saw.
Step 4: Make a Pattern
Now its time to make the pattern in all the balsa so it will make your work easier.
Step 5: Drilling
The next step is, Drill a big hole and two small holes for the dowels.
Don't forget for the base you just need to drill two small holes for the dowels.
For the big hole i use a drill bit called hole saw with diameter around 5.5cm
And for the small one i use a drill bit no.5 (as big as the dowels).
- Before drilling technique you can use couple of masking tape (or other tape) to stick all the same size balsa so you can drill all those balsa as one,
- For the small hole you need to make sure that your drill bit is not too big for the dowels. its better to be a little bit smaller.
Step 6: Sanding
After Drilling you need to sanding all the balsa and dowel with sand paper.
It will make your works tidier.
Step 7: Stacking Time
The final step is Stacking Time !!
You just need to stack all the balsas and insert the dowels into the holes.
Step 8: Done !
And its finally done !!
You can stack all these woods up to you and change it anytime you want to.
Happy trying guys !!