Ruined table top?
Everybody has a table where some goofy kid (or husband) left a glass on the table without a coaster. Perhaps a careless house guest left a burning cigarette on the edge of your wooden table.Thrift stores are full of tables just like that.
Instead of trying to refinish that table, how about upcycling it?
1. Choose a sturdy table because the weight of the glass needs good support.
2. Check ebay for stained glass scraps left over from artists projects.
3. Lay your glass out in a pattern or design.
4.. Using a waterproof silicone adhesive pickup each piece and apply an even coat of glue.
5. Let this dry for a day and then mix up your grout. (use unsanded for best results)
6. Fill in all the gaps and gently remove the excess.
7. Finish cleaning the grout after it is thoroughly dry and then seal with grout sealer.
8. Clean up with grout haze remover.
Participated in the
Trash to Treasure Challenge