Intro: Star Lights and Decor
Isn´t it wonderful when you really enjoy how your house looks? You don´t have to be an expert, or spend a lot of money in fancy decorations. Here I´ll demonstrate you that with few materials and few steps, we can achieve something amazing.
I was inspired by this star box. And to make things even easier for you I made the template for you to print.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
-A printout of the star template. Click here to print yours.
-Hot glue gun
-Christmas tree lights
Step 2: Make the Stars
1. Cut the template through the outline (black line). Using that printout as a mold, cut from the cardstock the same way as you cutted the template, only the outline.
2. Without moving the template, with the needle or the tip of your cutter punch some marks where I draw black dots. Check that you can se the tiny dot in the cardstock.
3. Now with the help of your ruler and cutter, connect the dots (as shown in the dashed lines in the template) by slighly cutting the cardstock, don´t cut fully through the cardstock, we only want to mark the lines so that we can fold the star easily.
4. Fold the star. Because we just marked the folds, this part should be really easy.
5. If you are going to put a light inside the star, cut through the lines that I draw with red in the template.
6. With your hot glue gun, glue the star. If you want your light to go inside the star, leave one side open.
7. If you are going to insert the lights inside the stars, glue the last part of the star when the light is already inside. Just make sure your lights don´t warm up (led lights are better). You can also glue thread at the back of the stars and attach that thread to the lights.
The template I made for you, makes stars as big as your fist, I cutted ten of that size from a 21.5 x 27 in cardstock. I made some bigger and some smaller.
Step 3: Make a Table Lamp.
I made a big star printing half of my template in a tabloid paper (11 x 17in), and since it is symmetrical I just flipped it to complete the template. It fitted into the 21.5 x 27 in cardstock.
In the bottom of the star, I cutted a circle so that I can put my current lamp inside. Again, make sure your lamp doesn´t warm up. It looks so cute.
If you don´t have a lamp that you could use just make this big star as a decoration for your night stand.
Step 4: A Final Detail.
Now to complete your decor, print this poster I made. Click here to download it.
Here you have it, we made a star light garland, a table light and a poster using cardstock and paper (and a few tools). I´m sure you have all the supplies already so now its your turn. Make something amazing.