Introduction: Star Trek Hasperat Made Easy
Hasperat is a popular Bajoran dish from the Star Trek universe. Any trekkie should be familiar with this dish! It is known to be notoriously spicy and resembles a burrito-like vegetable wrap. This is the perfect dish to much on especially when (re)watching or binging on Star Trek episodes.
Step 1: Ingredient
- Napa Cabbage
- Spicy Vinegar
- Hot Sauce
- Tortilla or Pita Bread
- [Optional] Chilli Peppers
- [Optional] Cheese
- [Optional] Spinach
Step 2: Preparing the Brine
- In a large bowl, mix in the 250mL of spicy vinegar with 125g of salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Step 3: Boil the Brine
- Heat the brine until it is boiling, then let it cool down at room temperature
Step 4: Soak the Cabbage
- Press down on the cabbages so all surfaces are covered.
- Soak the cabbage in the brine for 3-4 days.
Step 5: Assembling the Hasperat
- Layer the Napa cabbage on the tortilla wrap or pita bread
- Add the chilli peppers and Sriracha hot sauce. I opted out of the chilli peppers since I already used spicy vinegar and I have a low tolerance for spicy food. (I know, I cheated).
- Optionally, add cheese, and spinach. This isn't quite Bajoran-style, but they do make it yummy!
- Roll it up to a burrito
Enjoy your Hasperat while watching a nice episode of Star Trek TNG!