Hello everybody! Today, I'm going to show you how to make a star wars door chime. By that, I mean that these chimes play the Imperial March every time you open the door. Let's get right in to the build.
Step 1: Parts
For the chime you will need:
- Piezo Buzzer (1)
- PIR sensor (1)
- Arduino Uno (1)
- Breadboard (1)
- Male-Male jumpers (10)
- Female-Female jumpers (3)
- USB B Cable
- Battery Pack
I also made a Youtube video about this project, os if you'd prefer your instructions in video format, give it a click.
Step 2: Wiring
Here's the circuit:
- Connect the 5V pin to the bottom power rail of your breadboard and one of the many GND pins to the top.
- Now plug your piezo buzzer into your board. Connect the cathode to GND and the anode to digital pin 10.
- Now you need to set up your PIR sensor. Create a cable with three female-female jumped and three male-male jumpers to connect your sensor to the breadboard.
- Once the sensor is properly plugged in to your breadboard, connect the right-most wire to 5v and the left-most wire to GND. The middle wire of the sensor should be connected to digital pin 2.
That's it for the circuit, on to the code!
Step 3: Code
Alright, so I attached the .ino file above, so all you have to do is copy and paste it into the Arduino IDE, upload an you are done. I recommend going over the code if you would like too kale any much with an Arduino, as many common notes are defined in the chime sequence. Anyways, thanks for reading, and, as alway, Happy Making!