This copycat Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino recipe is easy to make and will cost a fraction of the price to make right in the convenience of your home. Try this tasty beverage by following my step-by-step instructions.This recipe leaves room for substitutions which is perfect if you have allergies of any kind. Almond and soy milk are two common substitutes that will work instead of 2%, but I must warn you that these can alter the consistency. There is also a non-dairy whipped cream (coconut-milk whipped cream) that can be used for this recipe. If having a Frappuccino multiple times a week doesn’t work with your calorie intake, you can always skip the “extras” by holding the whipped cream and caramel drizzle and/or using low fat milk.
Step 1: Supplies
This recipe is one 16 oz serving that would be equivalent to a “Grande” at Starbucks
- 2c ice
- 1 cup (8 oz) coffee
- ¼ cup 2% milk (substitution can be used)
- 3 tbsp caramel flavoring sauce (equivalent to 3 pumps)
- Whipped topping (substitution can be used)
- Caramel sauce for topping
Step 2: Utensils:
- Blender- I use a ninja pro blender but you can use any kind
- Ice cube tray- small ice cubes are much easier to blend
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cup to serve drink (you can buy plastic to-go cups with lids)
- Straws- I would recommend using a larger diameter straw but a regular straw will do.
*If you like a stronger or weaker coffee flavor adjust the ratio to suit your liking. I usually like a stronger coffee flavor, so this recipe reflects that.
*All of the ingredients for this recipe should be at your local grocery store with the exception of the flavoring syrup. This most likely is at your grocery store but if it is not you can order it on Amazon or buy it directly at your local Starbucks coffee shop
Step 3: Mix and Blend
1. add ice to blender
2. Pour in coffee
3. Add syrup
4. Add milk
Step 4: Serve
- Pour blended drink into cup of choice
- Top with whipped cream
- Drizzle caramel sauce
Now you are ready to enjoy this delicious and refreshing drink!