Intro: Steps on Becoming the Best Quarterback
Become A Leader: Without becoming a leader your chances of being a great QB are slim to nun. Leaders are those who make good decisions on and off the field. they are passionate and have the will to motivate others to do better. But aside from the statistics, colleges and NFL scouts look for prospects with great work ethic and good character.
Step 1: Step 1. Keep Elbow Alive/Up
One of the most common attributes to an untrained QB is to drop the elbow of the throwing arm. this usually causes the ball to be thrown "side arm". Throwing side arm causes the ball to be thrown un-accurately. Throwing with elbow up helps the ball become accurate better thrown balls.
Step 2: Improving Accuracy
Accuracy should be your number one goal with every throw when becoming a great QB. Regardless of whether you're warming up or throwing the long ball, always try to strive for a precise target. Always practice drills, which test and improve your accuracy for all types of throws. Plus once your accuracy holds up the more scouts come.
Step 3: Have Quick Feet
- Another key way of becoming a very successful Quarterback is by having quick feet.
- Jumping rope are the best quick footwork and drill.
- They which improve foot speed, are essential for quarterbacks. Footwork is the foundation of a solid drop.
Step 4: Strengthen the Core Helps Maintain Stance
- The secret to a strong ball is not only a strong arm, but also core strength.
- Activities that enhance the strength of the abs, hips, and gluts will help put velocity on your ball.
- Quarterbacks can improve the explosive strength of these muscles by combining medicine
- Also by weighted balls with throws, rotations and ab work.
Step 5: Improve Hand Grip
- Next to an interception, the worst thing a quarterback can do is fumble the ball causing an unnecessary turn-over.
- Quarterbacks with "Sticky" hands practice releasing, gripping and grabbing the ball
- Ball Handling is very important with success of a QB
- Basically Is more important Second to nun
Step 6: Warming Up Daily
- The shoulder and the elbow joint are extremely susceptible to injury.
- Do not assume your arm is warm simply because the body is warm.
- Reduce your risk for injury by warming the shoulder with slow controlled movement.
- The QB position has tremendous stress on the body
Step 7: Eyes Focused at All Times
- You dont certainly don't want to show to your defender where you plan to throw
- Once you've located your man, zero in on your target.
- Keep the head steady, eyes focused and make the pass.
- Trick the defense without using your eyes
Step 8: Good Attitude
- Respect your coaches and fellow teammates.
- You may not agree with your coaches approach, never challenge his technique.
- Remain positive.
- Use body language that says you're a winner, alert and open to constructive criticism.
- Ask your coach what you can do to improve your game.
- A player with a good attitude and outstanding work ethic will always have a better opportunity to start.
Step 9: Explosion
- Have Multiple ways of getting away from defender
- Be smart with movements out of the pocket
- Think before you take a hit
- Stay focused and monitor yourself during individual technique sessions to keep the elbow above the shoulder through the release of the football.
Step 10: Routine
- Many Quarterbacks just do not know “what to practice” on their own.
- They must practice a routine that includes “disciplined” footwork drills, dexterity drills and throwing drills.
- Keep your head in the game
- Do not let distractions take you away from what you love