Intro: Storage Solution
This term the year 9 tech classes have been assignment to make a successful storage solution.
Step 1: Step 1: Response to Brief
My first step was to consider a design which responded to and abided by the project brief.
My considerations were:
- to make a compact and useful storage solution
- not to use anymore than 1200x90x19mm of Pine timber
My response to the project was to include:
- a general small belongings space
- a wrist watch holder
- sunglasses rack
Step 2: Step 2: Design
My design process was:
- completing initial sketches by hand of my ideas
- designing each of the 3 components to scale in a CAD format
- putting the 3 components together to base my design on
Step 3: Step 3: Measure Up
Step 3 involved measuring the provided timber. This involved:
- measuring all of the lengths required and marking the timber leaving a space of 5mm for cutting
Step 4: Step 4: Cutting
This step included:
- the cutting of the timber and measurements
- using a sharp tennant saw for a perfect edge
Step 5: Step 5: Gluing
Step 5 of this terms project includes gluing the components together.
Step 6: Step 6: Sanding
Step 6 of this project involves sand of the project to give the product a fir flush edge.
Step 7: Step 7: Finishes
Step 7 involves applying finish to your final sanded product. Once done it is advisable that this process is repeated once or twice to give the product a glassy perfect finish.