Introduction: Strawberry Margarita Jell-O Shots
What you will need to make
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup tequila chilled (which ever kind you like)
- ½ cup triple sec chilled
- 1 box strawberry Jell-O mix
- 1 lime
- Small bowl with sugar in it
- Liquid measuring cup
- Small sauce pan
- Cookie sheet
- Small kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Plastic disposable shot glasses or condiment containers
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prep the Strawberries
- Working on your cutting board cut a small part of the bottom of the strawberry off. Make sure there are no holes in the bottom.
- Cut off a small part of the top off the strawberry.
- Very carefully scoop out the inside of the strawberry without making a hole in the bottom. (a hole in the bottom will cause the Jell-O to leak out.)
- Place the prepped strawberries in the plastic containers to keep them from falling over. Then place them on your cookie sheet.
Step 2: Prep the Jell-O Mixture
- Bring the cup of water to a boil and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the Jell-O mix until completely dissolved.
- Pour in the chilled cup of tequila and ½ cup triple sec into the Jell-O mix. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour your mixture into your liquid cup measure.
Step 3: Slowly Pour Your Mixture Into the Prepped Strawberries.
- Fill up the strawberries as much as possible because Jell-O shrinks a bit when it becomes firm. Be ready this can be a messy step.
Step 4: Refrigerate for at Least Four Hours or Until Jell-O Has Become Firm.
Step 5: Cut the Lime Into Slices, Then Cut Each Slice Into Small Triangles.
- Run the cut lime around the edge of the top of the strawberries. This done so the sugar will stick to the top of the strawberries.
- Keep the small triangles of lime. They are also decorations for your strawberries.
Step 6: Gently Dip the Top of Each of Strawberry Into the Sugar and Place Back on Your Cookie Sheet
- Place one mini wedge lime onto each strawberry
- Now you are finished.