I'm back from a long vacation and so it's time to get back to some making! I have missed it! I've been working on a pillow, which is now my profile image. Check it out!
Today I am going to show you how to make a strawberry mascarpone pie which I made while in Spain. It was very well received at the party I brought it to, so prepare to wow your friends!
The bottom of the pie is a strawberry preserve layer, covered with sweet mascarpone and 2 layers of fresh strawberries on top,sprinkled with a little bit of sugar. Enjoy making... And baking!
Step 1: Ingredients
For this homemade recipe, you will need:
1. Strawberries: 2 cartons
2. 1 tub of mascarpone cheese (see picture for reference)
3. Pre made crust- whichever kind you prefer
4. Sugar and powdered sugar
7. Lemon or lemon juice
Step 2: Preparing the Crust
1. Begin by preparing your pie crust by unrolling it and placing in your pan. If you use a glass or porcelain pan you may want to butter it. Silicon pans such as mine do not need this. Prepare crust according to the instructions on your crust- for example, make fork marks if specified to do so, or make your crust from scratch! Kudos to you!
2. Cook the crust for the specified time. Mine was 30 minutes.
3. If using a silicon pan, take the crust out and put it on where you will present the pie.
Now we will move on to the base.
Step 3: Making the Base
The base for this pie is a simple strawberry preserve.
1. Begin by cutting your strawberries up into pieces as shown in the pictures
2. Once you have a bowl full, put the strawberries in a pot and turn the heat on medium.
3. Add 3 heaping tablespoons of sugar to the mix, then taste and add more if needed.
4. Add a tablespoon of tapioca and leave the mixture until it is a mush. Stir occasionally during this time.
5. Once done, place in the fridge and let cool for about 5 minutes.
6. Then pour the mixture into the bottom of the crust.
7. Put the pie back into the fridge and let it cool again
Step 4: Making the Mascarpone Layer
1. Put mascarpone cheese in a bowl and mix with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Add more to taste if needed- In this recipe I tend to air on the less sweet side.
2. Add in a teaspoon of vanilla and a half teaspoon of lemon juice. Or to estimate if you wish, 2 squirts.
3. Take the pie out of the fridge and spread the mascarpone layer on top of the base layer.
Step 5: Adding the Strawberries on Top
Now you will begin the top layer of the pie, consisting of fresh strawberries.
1. Cut the strawberries vertically
2. Randomly place strawberries in the first layer.
3. Sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on top
4. Make concentric circles of strawberries, lining them up like shown in the picture
5. Sprinkle half a teaspoon of sugar on top.
You are finished! :) serve and enjoy!