This cake is one of our family favorites!
It is a soft pillowy tea-bread, more to a cake texture. You can substitute the strawberry pie filling to whichever pie filling you like, you can even use jam. Sometimes we packed this cake for our family picnic, some other time I would slice them and pack for road trip. My kids love this cake esp. with chocolate milk!
Step 1: Ingredients
- 3/4 cup milk
- strawberry pie filling, as needed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sweetener granule (equals to 1/3 c regular sugar)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
Step 2: Instructions
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in margarine and make a fine crumbly mixture. Beat in egg and milk; beat just until dry ingredients are moisten. Spoon batter into a generously buttered pan (round, square, loaf).
- Spoon pie filling over the batter, then swirl through the batter with a knife.
- Bake at 400 F for 25 to 30 minutes, until done.
Easy peasy, right? :D