Sand drum is basically used to grind different materials or you can say to smooth a material.
For this DIY Tech you will require the following
- Sand paper 100 grit ( to smooth the wheel )
- Sand paper x grit ( Where x is your choice yes you can make the drum to be of any grit )
- A dc fan blade ( Pretty much any pc fan will do )
- Super glue
- A dremel or rotatory tool like drill
- Tissue paper or a cloth to clean
*Grit is like the smoothness of a sand paper larger the number, smoother is the sand paper.
Step 1: How to Make
- Break the fan blades with the help of pliers
- Put the left wheel like structure in a drill
- Using the 100 grit paper smooth the outer cylinder
- Cut a piece of sand paper to cover the outer cylinder of the wheel
- Glue it on n thats it
- Really easy to make
- Long lasting ( once the sander paper is finished you can apply a new layer of sand paper on it using glue #newlife )
- Close to zero vibration ( thats the reason to use PC fan as it is very accurately made and doesn't wobble or vibrate while rotating )
- A lil big in diameter so might not get into smaller places.
* You can take out the magnet and the metal ring that is inside that fan blade. I kept it as its of no use to me at the moment and its keeping the wheel strong as well.