Introduction: Stuffed Bread Roll - Who's Hungry
Bread is one of the daily consumed food product all over the world.
There are many recipes made out of bread. One such recipe is the bread roll. A bread roll is a shallow fried snack where the bread is filled with differently flavored stuffing.
The bread roll is agood party snackrecipe and it is easy to make. To make stuffed bread rolls, spiced mix vegetables are stuffed inside the bread, rolled and shallow fried, baked or Tawa fried.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients Required
- 4-6 slices sandwich bread, white / brown
- 2-3 potatoes
- Green peas(optional)
- 1 cup of chopped Carrot
- 1 cup of chopped beans
- a sprig of curry leaves
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1/2 Tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 Tsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tsp garam masala
- Generous pinch of turmeric powder
- Few coriander leaves
- Salt as needed.
- Oil for deep frying
Step 2: Rinse * Boil
- Rinse the potatoes well in the water until all the mud is removed out of it.
- Boil potatoes (boiling can be done in whatever way you want).
- I steamed them in a cooker, it takes about 10-12mins.
- Boil then until done (you can also boil carrot and peas in this process).
** But I recommend you to boil carrot and peas in the separate bowl because it will turn soggy if you boil it with potatoes.
Step 3: Peel * Mash
- When the potatoes are just boiled.
- Remove the potatoes from the utensil and set them aside and let them cool.
- Peel the potatoes.
- Once cooled mash the boiled potatoes with a masher.
Step 4: Spice It Up
- Chop carrots and beans. Boil it for a while until it turns tender.
- When the potatoes mash is done.
- Add the boiled carrot, beans, chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, and salt.
Step 5: Prepare the Stuffing
- Mix together and divide the mix into parts.
- Give them an oblong shape.
- Set them aside.
Step 6: Let's Make the Roll
- Slightly toast the bread for a while on Tawa to prevent them from soaking up oil while frying.This step is needed only while frying the rolls.
- Do not toast them until they turn firm else the bread cannot be rolled well.
- Roll each of the slices with rolling pin.This prevents bread from absorbing too much oil
Step 7: Roll It Up
- Place the potato mixture on the bread.
- In a small bowl mix 1 tbsp of plain flour with few tbsp of water.
- Brush the edges of the bread with the plain flour paste.
Step 8: Rolls Are Done
- Roll the bread.
- Press the edges gently.
- Seal the mixture.
Step 9: Fry Them
- Add few tbsp of oil to a frying pan.
- Allow the oil to turn hot enough.
- Fry them.
- Flip them and fry all sides until golden.
- Do not add too much of oil at one time else the rolls will absorb a lot of oil.
Step 10: Drain Them
Once they turn crispy red, remove them from the oil and place it on to paper napkins to remove excess oil.
Step 11: Serve With JOY
Delicious Bread Roll Ready!
Best served with green chutney and black tea.
That's all Foodies!!Happy Tea-Time.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017