Introduction: Stuffed Capsicum Recipe | Bhawan Shimla Mirch | Indian Vegetarian Recipes
Stuffed Capsicum or Bharwan Shimla Mirch is a versatile Vegetarian recipe which you make it a gravy recipe or you can make it a starter or appetizer. It is a popular village food in India.
Stuffed Capsicum or Stuffed bell peppers recipe is popular across various regions and various countries. Every region has its own way of making it. Here is our take on this in Indian style.
Step 1: Ingredients
Ingredients for Stuffed Capsicum gravy recipe,
- 6-7 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom
- 7-8 whole black pepper
- 5-8 Curry Leaves
- Handful Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 medium bowl peanut powder (Prepared after drying roasting peanuts)
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1-2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 big tomato
- 1 big Onion
- Oil to minimization
Step 2: Recipe
- Stuffed Capsicum recipe Bhawan Shimla Mirch Indian Vegeterin recipes
- Please the ingredients in Video Description box.
- For making Stuffed Capsicum, first we will prepare the stuffing Masala.
- Add Garlic, cloves, Cardamom, Curry Leaves, Coriander leaves. Grind it to fine paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl.
- Add Coriander powder, peanut powder, turmeric powder, Salt, red chilli powder. Mix it thoroughly.
- Cut the capsicum as shown and stuff the masala we prepared in the capsicum as shown in the video.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once hot add cumin seeds.
- Once it start crackling, add chopped onions. Spread it over the pan.
- Don't cook onions completely, cook till it is 70% cooked or start becoming translucent.
- Add 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder. Give it a mix.
- Put stuffed capsicum in pan as shown.
- Turn the capsicum after some time as shown. Prefer hand or do it very slowly else capsicum might break.
- Add tomato puree and mix it.
- Cook from all sides on low medium or medium heat.
- Now our stuffed capscium or Bharwan shimla mirch is ready.
Step 3: Serving
- Transfer it to the serving dish.
- If you liked Stuffed Capsicum recipe or Bhawan Shimla Mirch Recipe then please LIKE and SHARE our video and please SUBSCRIBE to our YES I CAN COOK CHANNEL.
For easy audio (Hindi) and Video instructions with Subtitles (English) please watch the video,
Note: Please turn on the subtitles by clicking CC in youtube video menu.