you will need:
- 1 cup regular sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking extract (I recommend vanilla with a few drops of orange)
- 2 table spoons baking soda not powder
- resealable container (Tupperware is the easiest but you could also use a mason jar)
this will make a basic scrub.
add ons and extras: (I'd say to just pick one or two if you decide to add)
- 1/3 cup coffee grounds
- 1 cup fresh rose petals
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup dried peppermint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lavender blossoms
- substitute regular sugar for brown sugar
- 1 tsp vitamin E
- 1 tsp lemon juice if you do this you might have to add a pinch more sugar
- finely crushed peppermint candies (put 3-4 in a ziplock bag and hit a few times with a hammer or rolling pin)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step One
add all desired ingredients to a medium mixing bowl
Step 2: Step 2
mix all ingredients together until everything is blended. if you have an electric blender you can use it but its only necessary if you also added rose petals.
Step 3: Step Three
keep in bathroom and while you shower or take a bath. be careful to not let water get into the scrub or it will dissolve! rub on legs, arms ,back, and torso in small circular motions and rinse off with warm water. the harder you scrub the softer you'll be afterwards and you will be helping to prevent cellulite. avoid getting it too close to your eyes but its totally edible so if you have dry or cracked lips just put some on and rub your lips together.