This sugar free bbq sauce is a dark brown rich sauce and the sauce is good for use on any cut beef or chicken or pork. The sauce takes only 10 minutes prep, 10 minutes cook and ready in 20 minutes. The recipe makes 32 servings of the sauce. the sauce is a medium hot and sweet sauce.
- 2/3 Cup Diet cola-flavored soda
- 2/3 Cup canned tomato sauce
- 5/8 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 Cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 Cup pack splenda brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup Agave syrup
- 1/3 Cup cider vinegar
- 1 -3/4 Teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 Teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 Teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon dried savory
- 3/4 Teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/8 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, mix together the diet cola, tomato sauce, tomato paste, butter, Worcestershire sauce, splenda brown sugar, agave syrup, cider and balsamic vinegars, steak sauce, and mustard.
- Season with chili powder, savory, onion powder, garlic salt, and hot pepper sauce, and stir to blend.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.