Introduction: (Summer) LED String to Festive (Christmas) LED String!
So I still had these (summer) strings full of LEDS laying around since last summer.
Sure, they still look okay but with Christmas coming around... So I decided to transform the LEDS from last summer to a festive string of colourful LEDS!
*optional* Gold wrap for the battery compartment
Total time spent:
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1: Prepare the LED String
So this first step is pretty easy.
- Check if the LED string is working
- Open the glass bottle (if needed)
- Remove anything unnecessary from the glass bottle
- Pull the LEDS out of the glass bottle
Step 2: Step 2: Add the Pompons
- Make the pompoms smaller by picking some small pieces from it
- Use some "all purpose" glue to attach the pompoms to the LEDS
- Put the LEDS back in the glass bottle
Step 3: Step 3: Add Some Festive String
Cut a small piece of string and put (tie) it on the glass bottle
Step 4: Step 4: Make the Battery Box More Colourful (optional)
Add something to the battery box to make it look more colourful/festive
Step 5: The Result
So, now you made yourself some custom Christmas lights for cheap!
And remember, WINTER IS COMING
Participated in the
LED Contest 2017