My garden is overflowing with summer squash!
Here are a few more ways to use it up!
Step 1: Cheesey Summer Squash Casserole
Very easy to make!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 45-60 mins
3 cups of squashed chopped into chunks
1 cup cracker crumbs
1 cup cheese, shredded
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 an onion chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1. Mix all ingredients together (leave out 1/4 cup of cheese for top)
2. Top with cheese and a few cracker crumbles.
3. Place in casserole dish, cover with foil or top and bake at 350 degrees for 45mins-1 hour
My kids do not care for squash, but they will eat this dish. :) Also great for to bring to parties!
*stuffed squash is also quick and easy to make.
Step 2: Squash Bread
Makes 2 loaves
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 40 mins
3 cups flour
4 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 cups squash, shredded
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl mix eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. beat for 3 minutes.
4. stir in squash
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until moist.
6. Pour into two well-greased loaf pan. Bake for 40 mins
Great for dessert or breakfast!