Candles are beautiful. They bring light, warmth and calming effect. Decorating candles according to your taste and choice will spice up your home decor.
There is a simple and easy way to decorate a candle, which uses heated spoon, a pretty napkin and tea light.
Yes, that is it!
This method is great for pillar and votive candle as they will give enough surface area for the pattern to be shown :)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: The Materials You Will Need to Beautify a Candle:
To decorate your candle, you will need:
1. A candle
2. A spoon
3. A tea light
4. A napkin with a pretty pattern
5. Scissors (to cut the napkin into right size)
Step 2: Measuring and Preparing the Paper Napkin
1. Circle the napkin around the candle, and let the napkin overlap about 2mm, and then cut the napkin.
2. Remove the extra paper layers, and leave only the thin one with pattern on it.
Step 3: Transfer the Image to the Candle.
1. Place the paper napkin on the candle.
2. Heat the spoon over the tea light/candle.
3. Start from the edge and rub the spoon over until the wax starts to melt through the napkin.
(When surface is shiny from the melted wax, you can move to the next area.)
4. Keep reheating the spoon and go slowly over all the surface.
Be careful, the spoon is hot. We don't want any burned fingers.
5. Make the top and bottom smooth.
Step 4: Voila.
There are millions of patterns to choose from. Enjoy your summer with flowers and candles with flower theme.
Participated in the