This summer watermelon cherry salad with Feta is great for picnics, summer parties, barbecue or lunch! It’s refreshing, light and most importantly delicious!
I cannot live without watermelon in summer! Watermelon is sweet yet refreshing and most importantly helps you stay hydrated throughout the day! I simply love this fruit. Oh, did you know that watermelon is a fruit AND a vegetable? Anyway, no matter what it is I cannot get enough of it! What about you?
Enjoy our easy recipes!
Visit our new website: www.happyfoodstube.com
So lets get started!
Step 1: Ingredients:
2kg (4.4lb) Melon
300g (10.5oz) Cherries
100g (3.5) Feta Cheese
50g (1.8oz) Unsalted Butter
Fresh Mint Leaves (about 10 leaves)
2 Sweetcorn Knobs
Step 2: Directions:
1. Cook the corn knobs in boiling water until ready (this should take about 5 minutes). Drain the water, let them cool down.
2. Meanwhile, wash the watermelon. Remove its skin and cut into bite-size pieces. Wash and pit cherries.
3. Throw the fruit in a large bowl or divide onto 4 individual plates.
4. Crumble the feta cheese over.
5. Once the corn has cooled down, using a knife cut off the kernels. In a frying pan, melt butter. Once the butter has melted, throw in the corn kernels and toast until light brown. Add the corn kernels to the salad and serve garnished with mint leaves!
Step 3: Subscibe/Follow Us to Get the Latest Updates:
► Website: www.happyfoodstube.com
► Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/happyfoodstube
► Youtube: www.youtube.com/happyfoodstube
► Google+: https://plus.google.com/+happyfoodstube
► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/happyfoodstube
► Instagram: http://instagram.com/happyfoodstube
► Twitter: https://twitter.com/happyfoodstube