Made with fresh peaches and a layer of sweet raspberry preserves, this delicious pie is wonderful on a hot Summer day with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Step 1: Ingredients
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Crust (makes enough crust for 1 double crust pie or purchase 9” deep dish readymade pie crust)
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable shortening or butter, chilled
3 tablespoons ice water
10 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced and peeled
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, chilled
1 cup chopped walnuts
Step 2: Preparing the Crust
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl or stand mixer.
- Cut in cold shortening until mixture is coarse.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, more as needed until dough forms a ball.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface, or place between two pieces of wax paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough flat until slightly larger than a 9” pie plate.
- Place dough into bottom of greased pie plate. Form dough into the bottom of sides of pie plate, cutting off the excess dough.
Step 3: Preparing the Filling
- Skin and slice ten fresh peaches into a large bowl.
- Add flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the peaches.
- Stir mixture until thoroughly combined.
Step 4: Preparing the Streusel
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, chilled butter, and walnuts.
- Work mixture with a spoon or by hand until it gets ‘pebbly’.
Step 5: Assembling the Pie
- Spread raspberry preserves onto the bottom of your pie crust.
- Pour peach mixture (Step 2) on top on raspberry layer.
- Sprinkle streusel mixture (Step 3) on top of peach layer.
Step 6: Bake and Enjoy!
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until streusel topping and pie crust is a deep, golden brown and peach mixture is bubbling.
- Top with vanilla ice cream.