Sunrise Alarm Lamp
The Lamp is controlled by a motion sensor in the base of the lamp. Put your hand in the middle of the circle and it will turn on and off.
The Lamp fades on at a designated time through the arduino code provided.
By Bridget Tangaere, Dennis Chu and Rosie Chote from Massey University CoCA, Wellington.
To follow our progress please go to: https://birdopendesign.wordpress.com
• Arduino Uno
• RTC (real time clock)
• Mosfett and Resistor
• Motion Sensor
• Power cord 12 volts
• 596.0mm x 291.0mm sheet of white acrylic 3mm
• 596.0mm x 291.0mm sheet of black acrylic 3mm
• 596.0mm x 291.0mm sheet of mdf 3mm
• 49mm x 380mm sheet of polypropylene 1mm
• 49mm x 460mm sheet of polypropylene 1mm
Download the 3 Illustrator
files named; (MDF.ai, white-acrylic.ai, black-acrylic.ai)
Choose a 3mm thick, 596.0 x 291.0mm material for laser cutting (if you are modifying the materials)
Otherwise use materials advised
Be aware of the strength of your material, a material which is quiet brittle will be prone to cracking when assembling.
Print files on laser cutter to matched material label
Download jpeg files for a map of your pieces.
Join parts 1a, 1b and 1c together with 2b pins, using a rubber hammer. 3f is the top middle pin. 3a sits on the outside of the frame.
5. Assemble the box frame with pieces 3b, 3c, 3d and 1c. 3e sits on the outside of the box.
6. Stick the LED Strips to either side of the pins.
Thread 49mm x 380mm sheet
of polypropylene into the inside slots of the circle frame. Thread 49mm x 460mm sheet of polypropylene into the outside slot of the frame.
Connect the circle frame to the base and slot in kerning pieces.
Participated in the
First Time Author Contest 2018